CONFIDENTIALITY OF PATIENT RECORDS
The confidentiality of alcohol and drug abuse patient records maintained by this program are protected by federal law and regulations. Generally, the program may not say to a person outside the program that a patient attends the program, or disclose any information identifying a patient as an alcohol or drug abuser, unless:
1. The patient consents in writing.
2. The disclosure is required by a court order.
3. The disclosure is made to medical personnel in a medical emergency.
4. The information is needed for research, audit, or evaluation. These disclosures are made using general information that does not identify specific patients.
5. If a crime is committed on the premises or against a staff member and the information is needed by law enforcement to investigate.
6. To appropriate authorities to report suspected child abuse or neglect.
7. To third party payers or other treatment facilities when necessary for your treatment provided, they have agreed to abide by the same confidentiality requirement we must follow.
Violation of federal confidentiality laws and regulations is a crime. Suspected violations may be reported to appropriate authorities in accordance with federal regulations.
You have the right to request a list of information that has been disclosed to others, regarding your case.
OVP HEALTH Recovery Center
335 Township Road 1026
South Point, OH 45680