PLEASE NOTE: For the safety of patients, visitors, employees and the community, OVP HEALTH Recovery Center reserves the right to limit or completely eliminate visitation during times of public health crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The visitation guidelines listed below apply only to normal situations in which there are no public health crises.
- Patients are not allowed visitors on Sundays, until the completion of the first full week of treatment.
- At the time of admission, patients will provide a list of the persons they wish to come visit while at the OVP Health Recovery Center. If a patient wishes to delete or add a person on the list, the patient will get approval from her primary counselor to do so.
- On Sundays, a patient can have 3 visitors per visit. Visitors may include spouses, significant others, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren, in-laws, step-parents, and stepchildren.
- Visitation will be on a room rotation basis. Female patients will have visitors Sundays from 12:30 pm to 2 pm. Male patients will have visitors Sundays from 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
- All packages brought to patients are opened in the presence of staff. (Note: OVP Health Recovery Center reserves the right to search any or all packages coming into the Center.) Visitors may not leave the center to purchase items and then return to continue visiting. If there are items the patient needs, family should be contacted prior to the visit, with a list of items that have been approved by staff.
- The OVP Health Recovery Center provides an alcohol and drug free environment for patients. No alcohol or mood-altering substances may be brought into the center. Visitors who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be asked to leave. Law Enforcement will be called to remove visitors who refuse to leave when asked.
- No food, flowers or balloons may be brought into the center from family members or significant others.
- Visitors are not allowed in patient rooms.
- Visitors are allowed in the great room and in the dining area only.
- Patients may hug or kiss (short kiss) at the beginning and end of the visit. Residents may hold hands. No sitting on laps or other physical contact is allowed during the visit. If a patient is caught breaking the rules, the visitor will be asked to leave.
- Visitors may smoke outside, by the front entrance only.
- Visitors are asked to show proper identification when entering the center.
- Visitors must sign in and out at the front entrance of the building. The staff on duty will act as greeters for visitors.
- Sponsors and other professionals who have scheduled appointments to meet with staff and patients during business hours are visitors and are to adhere to the same rules as others.
- If at any time, the rules for visitation are not being followed, by the patient or the visitor, the visitor(s) may be asked to leave.
OVP HEALTH Recovery Center
335 Township Road 1026
South Point, OH 45680