Abstinence Based Treatment
At the OVP HEALTH Recovery Center, we don’t believe in a one size fits all solution to addiction recovery. We believe that treatment should be designed intentionally for each individual. For that reason, we offer multiple paths to recovery. In addition to medication assisted treatment, we offer abstinence-based treatment by way of a 12-Step Program.
Our 12-Step Program follows the same steps as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). The program consists of daily peer led meetings in collaboration with individual counseling therapy to assist with the development of recovery skills to facilitate sobriety. The treatment plan will be developed WITH the individual and tailored TO the individual.
The 12 Steps at The OVP HEALTH Recovery Center
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
OVP HEALTH Recovery Center
335 Township Road 1026
South Point, OH 45680